I have a problem with the electric company, or telephone company, etc. Can the Síndic help me?

Yes, but in these cases, it is essential that before filing a complaint in this office, the citizen should have gone to the Administration involved, since the Síndic cannot supervise actions of private companies.

Therefore, the interested party should make a complaint, firstly to the customer attention service of the company in question and, subsequently, address to the Administration involved, for instance to the Dirección General de Energía, in case you have a problem with the electric supply, or to the Secretaría de Estado de Telecomunicaciones, when the problem is related to the telephone service. The Síndic will be able to consider your case if there is a lack of response from the Administration or any other circumstance relative to its running.