Actualitat del Síndic
Prize-giving ceremony of the II Síndic de Greuges Writing Contest29-11-2011
The Regional Ombudsman of Valencia, José Cholbi, has presided the awards ceremony of the Síndic de Greuges Writing Contest, which has taken place today at the University of Alicante’s downtown headquarters. In this second edition, with more than one thousand students participating throughout the region, the competition has held two categories.
Secondary Education winners are:
- Jaume Llop, IES Professor Broch i Llop, Vila-real
- Mar Edo, IES Vilafranca
- Lucia Berenguer, IES Agost
- Patrick O’Carroll, IES Thad, Orihuela
- Celia Piñero, IES San Vicente Ferrer, Valencia
Intermediate Cycles of Professional Training and Upper Secondary winners are:
- Irene Nabas, College The Armel, Paterna
- Alberto Lopez, IES La Serrania, Archbishop Villar
- Naiara More, PIC Europe, Elche
- Ivan Martinez, IES Rafal
- Patricia Cutillas, IES Figueras Pacheco, Alicante
In this context, Cholbi has congratulated the winners and thanked all those students who had taken part in the competition. He has also acknowledged the hard work and effort of those teachers and principals who have collaborated with the promotion of human rights culture among their students.
Meanwhile, Emilia Caballero, First Deputy-ombudsman and President of the Jury, has highlighted the quality of the awarded essays and the diversity of issues discussed such as: hunger, violence against women, immigration, lack of freedom, injustice and inequality. According to Caballero, winner essays are
an accurate reflection of the current world situation in which we live.